1. What are cookies ?
Cookies are small text files created by the website, downloaded to and stored on any internet enabled device—such as your computer, smartphone or tablet—when you visit our homepage. The browser you're on uses the cookies to forward information back to the website at each subsequent visit for the website to recognize the user and to remember the user’s choices (for example, login information, language preferences and other settings). This can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
2. What types of cookies do we use and for what purposes do we use them?
We use different types of cookies to run our website. The cookies indicated below may be stored in your browser.
- Mandatory and performance cookies.These cookies are necessary for the website to function and will be placed on your device once you access the website. Most of these cookies are set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. These cookies provide a convenient and complete use of our website, and they help users efficiently use the website and make it personalized. These cookies identify the user’s device insofar, so we would be able to see how many times our website is visited, but do not collect any additional personally identifiable information. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will then not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information and are stored on the user’s device until the end of session or permanently.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies collect information about how users interact with our website, for example, to determine which sections are most frequently visited and which services are most often used. The collected information is used for analytical purposes to understand the interests of our users and how to make the webpage more user friendly. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance. For analytical purposes, we may use third-party cookies. These cookies are stored on the user’s device for as long as set by the third-party cookie provider (ranging from 1 day to permanently).
- Marketing and targeting cookies.These cookies collect information about how users interact with our website, for example, to determine which sections are most frequently visited and which services are most often used. Before you agree to the use of all cookies, Awkward Styles will only collect anonymous data regarding the access of Awkward Styles's website. The collected information is used for analytical purposes to understand the interests of our users and how to make the webpage more user friendly. For analytical purposes, we may use third-party cookies. These cookies are stored permanently on the user’s device.
3. How to control cookies?
If you want to revoke your consent to save cookies on your device, you can delete all cookies stored in your browser and set up your browser to block cookies being saved. By clicking on the “help” button in your browser, you can find instructions on how to prevent the browser from storing cookies, as well as what cookies are stored already and delete them if you want to. You must change the settings for each browser that you use. However, please note that without saving certain cookies, it is possible that you will not be able to fully use all the features and services of Awkward Styles’s website. You can separately opt-out from having your website activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, which prevents sharing information about your website visit with Google Analytics. Link to the add-on and for more information: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881.
4. Other Technologies
Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
Web beacons or "clear GIFs" are small, approx. 1*1 pixel GIF files that can be hidden in other graphics, e-mails, or similar. Web beacons perform similar functions as cookies, but are not noticeable to you as a user.
Web beacons send your IP address, the Internet address of the visited website URL), the time at which the web beacon was viewed, the user's browser type, and previously set cookie information to a web server.
By using so-called web beacons on our pages, we can identify your computer and evaluate user behavior (e.g. reactions to promotions).
This information is anonymous and not linked to any personal information on the user's computer or to any database. We may also use this technology in our newsletter.
To prevent web beacons on our pages, you can use tools such as webwasher, bugnosys or AdBlock.
To prevent web beacons in our newsletter, please set your mail program to not display HTML in messages. Web beacons are also prevented if you read your emails offline.
Without your explicit consent, we will not use web beacons to unnoticeably:
- collect personal data about you
- transmit such data to third party vendors and marketing platforms.
9. Contact information
Hasko Trading, INC. AKA Awkward Styles
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670