Black Friday is a popular shopping event that originated in the United States and traditionally falls on the Friday following Thanksgiving Day, which is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, which is 24 November 2023, this year. It marks the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season and is known for its significant discounts and special deals offered by retailers both in-store and online.
Design Your Black Friday Products Online!
As the 24th of November approaches, the excitement for Black Friday 2023 grows. Join other ecommerce businesses worldwide in preparing for this major sales event, with last year's record-breaking $9.12 billion revenue in the U.S. alone.
This Black Friday Thrive with Awkward Styles
Awkward Styles stands at the forefront of the Print on Demand industry, offering a wealth of expertise and resources to assist sellers in crafting unique and customized products.
With our innovative mockup editor and dedicated customer support, we empower sellers to bring their creative ideas to life, ensuring that their products stand out in a crowded marketplace.
At Awkward Styles, we understand the potential that Black Friday and Cyber Monday hold for sellers. We're your trusted partner to provide the necessary tools, support, and Print on Demand solutions to help sellers thrive during this season of unparalleled shopping excitement.
Together, we can make this year's shopping events your most successful yet.Let's Work Together
Preparation for Black Friday
Preparing for Black Friday in e commerce requires early groundwork to boost profits and enhance customer satisfaction.
Mobile Shopping: Optimize your website for mobile access, as most Black Friday shoppers use mobile devices.
Competitive Analysis: Analyze your competitors' pricing strategies, product offerings, and promotional tactics to inform your own decisions.
Shopper Motivations: Focus your promotional strategies on unbeatable deals and exclusive products, which is what drives the majority of shoppers.
Unique Selling Proposition: Identify what sets your store apart and highlight these strengths in your marketing and promotions.
Timing: Start your Black Friday sales early to catch the attention of customers who are researching and planning their purchases.
Trust and Security: Guarantee that your ecommerce platform offers secure payment methods and display trust badges prominently to reassure shoppers.
Start Your Groundwork Early
Consumers may begin their holiday bargain hunting as early as September. Capitalizing on this mentality can lay the groundwork for successful Black Friday sales by identifying popular products, monitoring shopping trends, and initiating early communication to raise awareness and build anticipation.
- Chosen Products: Decide when and how long you will offer deals.
- Fresh Products: Decide if you will add new products or excluding designs for this period.
- Raise Awareness: Decide how, when and where you will advertise your deals
Optimize Your Website For The Rush
As consumers face an abundance of choices with more expectations prioritizing a smooth website experience becomes vital, with a user-friendly interface being the key to securing sales. You can mitigate certain unexpected or unavoidable digital challenges through the following strategies:
- Smooth Payment: Implement a seamless payment system for hassle-free transactions.
- Easy Search: Ensure effortless product discovery with a robust search feature.
- Intuitive Navigation: Organize categories logically and offer filters for a user-friendly experience.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Optimize your site for mobile devices with user-friendly features.
- Fast Page Loading: Improve site speed by compressing images and using browser caching.
- Secure Checkout: Highlight security with trusted certificates and visible security badges.
Outsource Order Fulfillment
Entrusting order production and fulfillment to a third party such as Awkward Styles enables you to efficiently scale during peak demand seasons like Black Friday and simplifies holiday shipping. This will alleviate the burdens of inventory management, space constraints, and labor-intensive packaging.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Analyze the financial aspects to ensure they align with your business.
- Customer Service: Confirm their responsiveness to both your and your customers' needs.
- Integration Capabilities: Evaluate their ability to seamlessly integrate with your ecommerce platform.
- Shipping Speed: Determine their delivery speed to meet your customers' expectations.
- Reputation & Reviews:Assess their track record and reputation in the industry.
- Ideal Outsourcing Solution: Print on demand with Awkward Styles is an excellent choice, especially during peak seasons. Awkward Styles enables production only after the orders come in, reducing overhead costs and preventing overstock or inventory shortages.
Generate Anticipation and Excitement
Generating excitement and building anticipation involves teasing your audience and creating eager anticipation for what lies ahead:
- Compelling Content: Utilize blogs, videos, or infographics to showcase top products or anticipated deals to generate excitement.
- Countdown Clocks: Incorporate countdown clocks before and during the period to point at the limited availability of Black Friday deals.
- Exclusive Previews: Provide email subscribers with exclusive previews of your Black Friday offers to generate sign-ups and to reward customers for their loyalty.
- Social Media Engagement: Launch interactive challenges or contests on social media to draw interest and engagement.
- Teaser Campaigns: Well-timed teasers on social media can pique curiosity and spark conversations among potential customers.
- Social Proofing: Boost the credibility of your ecommerce store with customer reviews, testimonials, influencer endorsements and user generated content, where applicable.
Leveraging marketing automation can greatly enhance the efficiency of your Black Friday sales efforts:
- Abandoned cart recovery:Automated reminders that gently nudge customers who've left items in their carts can convert these into sales.
- Customer retargeting: Utilize retargeting tools to remind visitors of products they've viewed can lead to a return and a purchase.
- Performance analytics: Automated platforms can provide real-time analytics on campaign performance.
- Personalization: Automated tools can segment your customer base, to send tailored messages based on their browsing and purchase history.
- Reputation & Reviews: Assess their track record and reputation in the industry.
- Social media scheduling:Pre-scheduling Black Friday post will allow for consistent fresh engagement without manual oversight.
- Timed promotions:Scheduled and automated email campaigns can announce deals, ongoing sales or last-minute offers.
Exclusive Promotions & Deals
Black Friday is renowned for its incredible deals, and your store should be no exception.
- Sense of Urgency: A time limited flash sale will generate a sense of missing out in your customers.
- Discount Bundles: Raise the average order by bundling complementary products at a discount.
- Customer Loyalty: Consider extending early access deals or extra discounts as tokens of appreciation to your loyal customers. Exclusive "doorbusters" can generate excitement and drive early traffic to your site.
- Limited Stock Items:A sense of scarcity generated by presenting limited time items will intensify the excitement surrounding your brand, making it a must-visit destination during the shopping season.A sense of scarcity generated by presenting limited time items will intensify the excitement surrounding your brand, making it a must-visit destination during the shopping season.
- Free shipping:The promise of free shipping can motivate customers to buy, reducing cart abandonment rates. It adds perceived value to their transaction.
Last, and most importantly success during the Black Friday is about finding the right balance between consumer satisfaction and profitability.
- Dynamic Pricing: Software that adjusts prices based on demand, inventory levels, and competitor pricing., will help immensely
- Loss Leaders: Selling specific products at a loss to drive traffic, which will increase the chance they will make additional purchases and offset initial losses.
- Market Research: Learn industry price averages to ensure your deals are appealing.
- Transparent Pricing: Avoid hidden fees and ensuring customers understand the total cost, including shipping or taxes.
Awkward Styles' Free Resources To Get Ready For Black Friday
We can provide your business with valuable tips and guidance through our free blog articles.
Frequently asked questions about Black Friday!
Need answers to your Black Friday?
We've got the answers!
The exact origin of the name "Black Friday" is somewhat disputed, but it's commonly believed to have originated in the 1960s. Some suggest that it referred to the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic that occurred on the day after Thanksgiving, while others attribute it to retailers finally turning a profit for the year (going from "in the red" to "in the black") due to the surge in holiday sales.
Cyber Monday is an online shopping holiday that follows Black Friday. It takes place on the Monday immediately after Thanksgiving weekend. Cyber Monday is characterized by online retailers offering special discounts and promotions, particularly in the realm of electronics, tech gadgets, and e-commerce.
Cyber Monday was coined in the early 2000s as a marketing term to encourage online shopping on the Monday following Thanksgiving. It was created to emphasize the online aspect of holiday shopping and to promote e-commerce sales during the holiday season.
To prepare your store for Black Friday, it's advisable to start planning and strategizing well in advance. Many retailers begin preparations several months before the event, typically in the late summer or early fall. This allows time for inventory management, marketing campaign development, and website optimizations to ensure a smooth shopping experience for customers.
Making Black Friday and Cyber Monday work for your business involves careful planning and execution. Start by:
- Identifying your target audience and understanding their preferences.
- Implementing effective marketing campaigns across various channels.
- Leveraging the power of social media and email marketing to reach and engage customers effectively.
- Monitoring and analyzing customer behavior and sales data to make real-time adjustments.
- Offering attractive discounts and promotions tailored to your audience.
- Optimizing your website for increased traffic and mobile shopping.
- Providing exceptional customer support to handle inquiries and issues promptly.
Black Friday is about discounts and deals. As such we recommend all of our sellers to provide discounts to their customers, after careful consideration to find the perfect balance between a lot of sales and profit per sale.
The Black Friday deals usually last for 5 days until Cyber Monday, the first Monday after the Black Friday. Occasiionally business owners can extend the deals an extra day to make sure global sales do not end early for some parts of the world due to time zones.
As Black Friday is about best deals, it is up to the seller to decide if they wish to have other promotions to combine with Black Friday or Cyber Monday discounts.
By following these steps and staying adaptable, you can make the most of these shopping events and boost your sales and brand visibility.