Awkward Styles Masters Academy Terms of Service
Welcome to the Awkward Styles Master Academy (the “Master Academy”), a place where Awkward Styles users can have access to Print on Demand professionals’ intro courses chosen by Awkward Styles (the “Instructor”) and then acquire the full course of these Instructors to develop or improve user products (the “Courses”). The Master Academy is operated by Hasko Trading, Inc. dba Awkward Styles ("Awkward Styles", “we”, “us” and “our”).
The Terms are a legally binding contract between Awkward Styles and you (either as an Awkward Styles User or Instructor). Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the same meaning as defined in the Awkward Styles Terms of Service.
Summary: Awkward Styles help facilitate a connection between Instructors and users, and do not regulate the relationship between the two parties.
The Master Academy allows Users to connect with the Instructors with the goal to improve the User’s Product, advertising, sales, or other aspects of the User’s business, by offering free previews and condensed versions of courses from instructors in print on demand. The Purpose of the Master Academy is to help in communication between Instructors who wish to provide courses and Users who wish to improve their business with help of instructors and acquired the full course from the instructors' own site. The Master Academy does not regulate relations between Users and Instructors and once Users decide to move forward with instructors, Instructors and Users shall connect directly and independently agree on terms under which Instructors provide courses to Users, including but not limited to pricing, payment terms, intellectual property, commissions, dispute resolution, and any deadlines.
The master academy is not an employment of a matching agency and does not provide or refer employment or engagements for any Instructors.
B. Participating in the Academy
Summary: To participate in the Awkward Styles Master Academy, you must agree to these Terms of Service. You must provide fair and accurate information about yourself.
Terms applicable to Instructors:
- In order to participate in the Master Master Academy as an Instructor, you must register and agree with Awkward Styles on participation in it. As an Instructor, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the Terms.
- If you are an individual, you are older than (i) 18 years, or (ii) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and from where you carry out Instructor activities. You confirm that you are participating in the Master Academy as a business activity.
- Once your participation as an Instructor is confirmed, Users will be able to access the contact information provided by you and published on the Master Academy website.
- Awkward Styles shall have sole discretion to judge the eligibility of Instructors for participation in the Master Academy. Awkward Styles shall have unilateral rights to accept, decline, suspend, limit, or terminate any Instructor’s participation in the Master Academy. Awkward Styles shall not be required or obligated to provide any explanation regarding any of its actions or decisions. Awkward Styles does not in any way guarantee participation in the Master Academy for any guaranteed minimum time period.
- Instructor representation and warranties: Any and all information provided by you to Awkward Styles is true, accurate and up-to-date. Any content you post is owned by you or you have authorization from the content owner to post it. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights, or any other harm resulting from your actions or omissions. Any information provided by you shall accurately describe your professional abilities.
- You acknowledge that Awkward Styles may from time to time modify these Awkward Styles Instructor Master Academy Terms of Service.
- By participating in the Master Academy, you grant Awkward Styles a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute information provided by you solely for the purpose of operating, developing, and promoting the Awkward Styles Service and the Master Academy. Awkward Styles may use your information in Awkward Styles’s promotions and marketing materials (website, emails, videos, etc.).
- You agree that information you provide for participation in the Master Academy may be published and accessible to Users.
- You operate and abide by fair business practices and shall deal with Users in a fair, honest, and appropriate manner. Any information presented on your Instructor profile (including, but not limited to previous work and experience) should be accurate and should honestly reflect your abilities to provide instrcutions.
- You are liable for payment of any applicable taxes. Awkward Styles shall not be liable for any reporting or tax payment obligation in connection with Courses provided by you.
- In any public communication you shall not implicitly or explicitly claim or create an impression that you work for or are an employee of Awkward Styles.
- To the best of your abilities you shall reinforce the positive perception of the Awkward Styles brand.
- The order of presentation of the Instructor profiles on the Awkward Styles website is Awkward Styles’s sole and absolute discretion. Any ranking shall be determined by parameters, solely by Awkward Styles. Order may be influenced by the number of previous assignments and feedback from Users.
- You consent to receiving information from Awkward Styles regarding participation in the Master Academy. Furthermore, you consent to being contacted by Users.
- Terms applicable to Users:
- You understand, agree, and acknowledge that Awkward Styles does not employ or supervise Instructors and in no way guarantees the performance or quality of the Courses. Before proceeding to agree with Instructors regarding their courses or services, you shall carry out whatever research you think is necessary to find the Instructor that is most suitable to you.
- Awkward Styles is not liable for the truthfulness and validity of the information presented by any Instructor. Awkward Styles does not have an obligation to verify any information provided by an Instructor.
- Awkward Styles shall have sole discretion to judge the eligibility of Users and Instructors for participation in the Master Academy. Awkward Styles shall have unilateral rights to accept, decline, suspend, limit, or terminate any User’s or Instructor’s participation in the Master Academy. Awkward Styles shall not be required or obligated to provide any explanation regarding any of its actions or decisions. Awkward Styles does not in any way guarantee participation in the Master Academy for any guaranteed minimum time period. Common reasons for expulsion of Instructors or Users from the Master Academy include (but are not limited to): bad service, negative feedback, delays in communication, popularization of services other than Awkward Styles’s, or breach of applicable terms of service.
- Awkward Styles is not a party to any agreement, arrangement, or transaction between an Instructor and a User. Any payments for the courses provided on the Instructors’ site shall be made directly to the Instructor without Awkward Styles involvement. Awkward Styles does not take responsibility, in any way or manner, for the quality of the Courses provided to any User by any of the Instructors.
- You shall not use the Master Academy to engage in any illegal activity.
- Awkward Styles shall not be involved in any disputes between Users and Instructors, instead they should be resolved exclusively between the User and the Instructor. Any arrangements are made and carried out at your own risk.
- Awkward Styles will enable both Users and Instructors to leave feedback regarding the Master Academy and Courses provided by Instructor. Awkward Styles shall have sole and absolute discretion to remove any feedback without further explanation. Reasons for removal include, but are not limited to obscenity, rudeness, spam, harassment, threats, abuse, racism, fraud, criminal activity, etc. Awkward Styles may enable Instructors and Users to provide feedback about their interactions in connection with the Master Academy.
- Awkward Styles reserves the right to contact Users and Instructors and inquire of them about the quality of Courses and their experience as participants in the Master Academy; furthermore, Awkward Styles reserves the right to collect information from Instructors and Users about provided courses. Users and Instructors agree to give true and accurate information to Awkward Styles regarding Courses.
- In providing Courses, Instructors shall abide by all applicable laws, including personal data protection laws and General Data Protection Regulations in particular.
C. Limitations of Liability
Summary: We are not responsible for any losses incurred as a result of participating in the Awkward Styles Master Academy. We are not responsible if you break any laws or this agreement and are sued as a result. Please read this section carefully; it limits our obligation and responsibilities.
- Limitation of liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL AWKWARD STYLES, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, ADVERTISES, OR PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY, OR OTHERWISE, OR FOR DAMAGES IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT OF THE FEES PAID AND PAYABLE BY YOU TO AWKWARD STYLES OR $100.00 (WHICHEVER IS MORE), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Warranty disclaimer: YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE MASTER ACADEMY, EITHER AS USER OR INSTRUCTOR, SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Awkward Styles, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, ADVERTISES, OR PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES. Awkward Styles SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF INSTRUCTORS OR USERS.
Summary: You agree to indemnify and hold Awkward Styles harmless from any claims or demands made by the User.
You agree to indemnify and hold Awkward Styles (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any User, Instructor, or third party due to or arising out of (i) your use of the Master Academy, (ii) your interaction with any other Instructor or User, or (iii) your violation of the Terms or any applicable laws. Awkward Styles reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Awkward Styles, and you agree to cooperate with Prinitfy’s defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Awkward Styles. Awkward Styles will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it
E. Awkward Styles Image and Name
Summary: The Awkward Styles name, visual assets, scripts, and service names are proprietary and are protected by intellectual property law.
Awkward Styles, awkwardstyles.com, and other Awkward Styles graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, or trade dress of Awkward Styles, that may not be used without the prior written consent of Awkward Styles. The images and icons available in the Awkward Styles brand and press kit may be used by Instructors and Users as long as the appropriate links to the Awkward Styles Website are included. Awkward Styles reserves the right to request the removal of your use of the images and icons at any time.
F. Affiliated links
Awkward Styles partners with Instructors on Master Academy to provide users access to Print on Demand professionals’ intro courses and then acquire the full course of these Instructors to develop or improve user products. Instructors provide an affiliate URL for Awkward Styles to use on Master Academy. Users will be navigating by those referral links to the Instructors’ site and for a referred User who visits the site through our affiliated links and purchases the courses from Instructors, Awkward Styles will receive a commission from instructors. The purchase price for courses from the instructors’ site is the same for referred Users who used the referral link to go to Instrutors’ site for purchasing courses and the visitor who organically goes to the Instructors’ site.
G. Modifying These Terms
Summary: We reserve the right to modify these Awkward Styles Instructor Master Academy Terms of Service. If we deem changes to be material, you will be notified.
Awkward Styles reserves the right to revise these Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on the Awkward Styles website. If a revision, in Awkward Styles’ sole discretion, is material, Awkward Styles will notify you. Use of the Courses following the effective date of any modifications to the Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service will constitute acceptance of such modification. If you do not agree to the Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service, you should stop accessing the Courses on Master Academy.
H. Disputes and Governing Law
Summary: All disputes between Instructors and/ or users, on the one side, and Awkward Styles, on the other, must be first settled through negotiations. If this is not possible, then you must endeavor to settle disputes through mediation. As a last resort, disputes and claims will be resolved in accordance with, and be governed by, the laws of the State of California.
- If a dispute arises between you as an Instructor and/or User from one side, and Awkward Styles on the other side, and which relates to these Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service, you agree to first contact Awkward Styles Merchant Support to attempt to resolve the issue. If the dispute cannot be settled through direct discussions, Awkward Styles and you agree to endeavor first to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association, under its Commercial Mediation Procedures, before resorting to arbitration. The parties further agree that any unresolved controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- To the extent any claim, dispute or controversy regarding Awkward Styles is not arbitrable under applicable laws or otherwise, you and Awkward Styles both agree that any claim or dispute regarding Awkward Styles will be resolved in accordance with and be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, for any actions not subject to Arbitration as outlined above.
Summary: These terms supersede any prior agreements between you and Awkward Styles. Nothing in these Terms of Service represents an exclusive agreement between you and Awkward Styles.
- If any term, provision, covenant or condition of these Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service is held invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the you and Awkward Styles agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service and further agree to substitute for such invalid or unenforceable provision a valid and enforceable provision of similar intent and economic effect.
- The Terms form the entire agreement between you and Awkward Styles superseding any prior agreements between you and Awkward Styles with respect to the Master Academy.
- Nothing in these Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service is intended to create, nor will it be construed as creating, any exclusive arrangement between Awkward Styles and you. These Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service will not restrict either you or Awkward Styles from entering into similar arrangements with others, provided it does not breach its obligations under these Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service.
- The Instructors and Awkward Styles are independent contractors. Awkward Styles is not an agent, representative or related entity of the Instructor. Neither Awkward Styles nor the Instructor will have any right, power or authority to enter into any agreement for, or on behalf of, or incur any obligation or liability of, or otherwise bind, the other one, except where the Instructor expressly authorizes Awkward Styles to act on its behalf in these Awkward Styles Master Academy Terms of Service.